Spring Boot, Angular
Spock, JUnit, Karma, Jasmine, Pytest, Selenium, Geb, JMeter
Terraform, Docker, Liquibase, Maven, Gradle, Git
Software Engineer | Shutterfly, Inc.December 2018 - Present
Develop and unit test polyglot microservices
- AWS Lambdas in Java and Python
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk instances using Spring Boot
- Build and test front end applications using Angular, RxJS, Jasmine
- Manage Cloud infrastructure using Terraform
- Participate in a distributed team in a remote agile environment
Senior Java Developer | Anderson Trucking ServiceSeptember 2017 - December 2018
- Developed enhancements for legacy Java desktop application on a team with six other developers
- Refactored code to be more testable
- Wrote unit tests using TestNG and Mockito
- Advocated for team code reviews and coding standards
Software Developer | OptumMarch 2015 - August 2017
- Developed Java web-based health benefit administration and adjudication system
- Mentored junior developers and performed regular peer code reviews to ensure code standards
- Utilized Test Driven Development (TDD) methodology using Spock testing framework
- Participated and lead daily stand-up scrum meetings, bi-weekly sprint planning, and quarterly product iteration planning
- Leveraged Spring Framework for implementation of Inversion of Control and Aspect Oriented Programming paradigms
- Configured external dependencies and application deployments using Apache Maven
- Administered and deploy to JBoss/MySQL/Docker stack for local development and testing
- Developed RESTful web services
- Developed and maintained automated UI tests using Geb/Selenium
- Coordinated with over 100 other developers committing to the same Git repository daily.
Web Application Developer | M. A. Mortenson ConstructionSeptember 2012 - March 2015
- Developed new websites for customers which leveraged Oracle Webcenter Content as the backend Web Content Management platform
- Streamlined manual IT processes using software I developed
- Lead installation and configuration of production Jenkins CI Server
- Developed custom Apache and PHP and jQuery application for Project team collaboration (sole developer)
- Integrated Webcenter platform with Oracle Access Manager for Authentication and Authorization.
- Created JavaFX applications for streamlining manual business processes
- Obtained Oracle Java SE 7 Programmer I Certification
- Built prototype for a custom mobile application for Mortenson team members
- Co-lead Enterprise wide mobility initiative using AirWatch MDM platform
- Lead our team in a pilot of Scrum
- Utilized Apache JMeter and Selenium Web Driver for scripted performance testing.
- Integrated business process with cloud service providers (e.g. using JSON REST API provided by Box.com to automatically add new employees to security groups)
Software Consultant | Fishbowl SolutionsJune 2010- September 2012
- Customized and configured Oracle Webcenter for a wide variety of clients
- Created and Debugged Java components to customize Oracle Webcenter Content 10g and 11g.
- Installed and configured new production-ready Oracle Weblogic Server with Webcenter
- Content and Portal managed server installations on Microsoft platform (IIS, Windows Server 2012 R2, and MS SQL server).
- Performed classroom style training for Oracle Webcenter Content 11g at client sites.
Programmer | LSS Data Systems (now MEDITECH)June 2008 - June 2010
- Programmed enhancements and bug fixes for the Scheduling module of the Ambulatory Healthcare system.
- Developed data migration tools between versions of the system.
- Improved application performance by leveraging multi-threaded, asynchronous data processing techniques.
- Collaborated with large development teams including designers and QA personnel.